A Report to the Ford Foundation
THE DRUG ABUSE SURVEY PROJECT
Patricia M. Wald, Co-chairman, Peter Barton Hutt, Co-chairman
James V. DeLong, Executive Director
Edgar May, Annette Abrams, Peter A. Wilson, Peter B. Goldberg, John F. Holahan, Paul A. Hermingsen, Andrew T. Weil, M.D.
Foreword, by McGeorge Bundy
Preface, by Patricia M. Wald and Peter Barton Hutt
The Drug Abuse Survey Project:
Summary of Findings, Conclusions, and Recommendations, by Patricia M. Wald and Peter Barton Hutt
1. The Drugs and Their Effects, by James V. DeLong
2. Drug Education, by Patricia M. Wald and Annette Abrams
3. Treatment and Rehabilitation, by James V. DeLong
4. The Economics of Heroin, by John F. Holahan, with the assistance of Paul A. Henningsen
5. Federal Expenditures on Drug-Abuse Control, by Peter B. Goldberg and James V. DeLong
6. Altered States of Consciousness, by Andrew T. Weil, M.D.
7. Narcotics Addiction and Control in Great Britain, by Edgar May